The Central Texas Section has participated in Chemistry Olympiad for
33 consecutive years!
LOCAL STUDENTS COMPETE FOR A CHANCE TO REPRESENT the CENTRAL TEXAS SECTION IN THE NATIONAL CHEMISTRY OLYMPIAD COMPETITION
We will again hold a local section competition to select our participants on the National level Chemistry Olympiad competition, and would like to invite you and your students to join in.
A copy of the schedule for Chemistry Olympiad for 2017 is below.
Each participating school has completed the following tasks:
• Administer and grade the exam between the dates of March 1 - March 31, 2016
• Provide me with list of test score results by March 31st.
• The top two scores from each school will be invited to the national exam. If we have more than five schools participate, the top 10 scores with limit of 2 students from each campus will be followed to determine eligibility.
• The national exam involves three parts administered to more than 1,000 students. Students can use past National Exams available at www.acs.org/olympiad to prepare.
• The selected students will compete on National Exam which is being held for the local section at St Edwards University on April 22nd.
I encourage your school to participate in this academic Olympiad. All students who participate will be recognized and presented with a certificate; top 150 students receive recognition for outstanding performance at the national level. We hope this recognition will serve to stimulate interest in chemistry and to promote a positive attitude toward chemistry.
For more information please contact:
USNCO Coordinator, Central Texas Section, American Chemical Society
Chemistry Olympiad <firstname.lastname@example.org>